If you are looking for a transcription tool, you may have heard of GoTranscript. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need about the platform.
You will find out what it is, how it works, what you can do with it and how much you can earn, as well as our personal opinions. So, if you’re interested in finding out if it’s worth your time, read on.
What is GoTranscript?
GoTranscript is among one of the best sites to work as a transcriptionist. This platform offers advanced transcription, translation and subtitling services at a professional level and with rates that are adjusted according to the urgency of the job.
It is characterized by providing transcription services done by humans, which guarantees much more natural, high quality and accurate results. This allows it to be used for transcription, translation or subtitling of:
- Archives or legal documents.
- Transcription of lectures, conferences, podcasts and audiovisual material.
- Academic material (lessons, workshops, classes, papers, etc.)
- Company files, advertising campaigns, websites, product descriptions and more.
- Transcription of medical records of all kinds.
Another outstanding feature is the presence of a team entirely dedicated to support and technical assistance for both clients and transcriptionists. Thanks to them you will be able to solve all kinds of doubts and problems regarding the hiring of services, use of the tool or troubleshooting.
How do I make money with GoTranscript?
The matter is very simple. You will receive a payment in exchange for transcribing audios, videos or documents of all kinds. What you should know is that they have quite high quality and accuracy standards, so all your work will be constantly reviewed by editors, who will rate each assignment according to the quality. These points will be added up and will give you reputation within the page through a rating.
The working method is quite simple, with the platform having its own online software for transcription and subtitle creation. This means that you don’t need any additional programs, as everything is done on the platform. As for the workflow, it’s pretty much as follows:
- You will be notified by mail every time there is work available.
- Once inside the platform, you will be able to see the available projects and choose one.
- You will have a considerable time to finish the job (6 hr for a 6 minute audio).
- Once the job is finished, an editor will be in charge of correcting it.
- Once verified, you’ll get a grade and feedback for guidance.
- Then your payment for the job will be added to your weekly accumulated earnings.
Types of jobs within GoTranscript
As mentioned above, the main job opportunity offered by GoTranscript is to take a position working as a transcriptionist within their team. But if your average score is above 4.5, you can be promoted to the position of editor, in charge of reviewing the work of the transcription team.
In addition, the company offers many other possibilities to generate income. One example is the affiliate system, with which you earn income by promoting their services on your web pages or websites. In addition, the company also offers employment opportunities within the company, where you can apply for positions such as:
- Product Owner.
- Automatic Speech Recognition Specialists.
- Senior B2B sales representative.
- Senior Account Manager.
- Customer Success Manager.
GoTranscript Payment Methods
In terms of payment methods, the platform uses only two options: PayPal and Payoneer. So you know, you must have an account in one of these two platforms to be able to receive your payments.
As for the frequency and possibility of withdrawal, you should know that GoTranscript has no minimum withdrawal amounts. This allows you to receive your payment without any problem, regardless of the amount you have reached, which are made every Friday. However, make sure you keep your score above the minimum, or you could lose not only your job, but also that week’s accumulated earnings.
How much money can you earn with GoTranscript?
GoTranscript offers its team to earn up to $0.60 for every minute of audio transcribed. But be careful, as this 0.60$/min refers exclusively to the length of the audio. Keep in mind that, depending on your agility in front of the keyboard, your experience and the complexity of the work, it may take you quite a long time to finish an assignment.
Additionally, your earnings will depend on the volume of work you handle, which in turn will depend on your review scores. The higher the score, the better the reputation and the more assignments you receive.
But to give you an idea, the platform indicates that your payments are around $250 per month on average, with an estimated maximum payment of $1,495 per month. You’re not going to become a millionaire, but as an extra income it can work very well.
What do you need to get started with GoTranscript?
One of the things that makes this platform interesting is that you don’t require previous experience or preparation, nor do you need to be from a specific country or have special equipment. All you need is:
- Be of legal age.
- Have or create a PayPal or Payoneer account.
- It is recommended to have a good level of English.
- A PC or laptop and reliable Internet access.
Of course, a quality audio equipment or headphones would be a good acquisition. Having already mentioned the requirements, let’s go with the steps to join the company:
- Log in to the platform page and sign up with a Google mail.
- Look for the “apply now” option to take the test.
- You will have access to the transcription guidelines and some examples, study them.
- Answer the 10 questions of the test. You can repeat this step several times.
- Once you have completed the questionnaire, you will move on to the transcription test phase.
- You will have to transcribe a 3-minute file following the guidelines you have learned.
- Having finished and checked the transcript very well, send it for review.
You will have to wait for the confirmation email from the platform, which can take up to 60 days. There you will receive the result of your test and the grade obtained. If everything goes well, you will start receiving work on the platform.
GoTranscript opinions: Is it worth it and does it pay or is it a scam?
To close, let’s answer the most important question:Is GoTranscript really reliable or is it a waste of time?
GoTranscript is a good alternative, now that sites like Atext no longer work well. And, we like it because:
- It has 4+ star ratings on sites like Trustpilot or Glassdoor.
- It has positive reviews from entities like Forbes, TechRadar or The New York Times.
- It has been active for more than 17 years, since its creation in 2005.
- It shows all the information about the job, payments and the different processes in a clear and accessible way.
- Its FAQ section answers the most common questions in a clear way.
- They have HIPAA certification for the protection of medical information.
Additionally, it has a large number of good reviews and opinions in which the quality of work, transparency and effectiveness in payments stand out. All these reasons allow us to affirm that, indeed, GoTranscript is a reliable platform, that does pay, and that it is worth trying to generate extra income online.